Live every act fully, as if it were your last! – Gautam Buddha
Looking at penning down my thoughts on the day I was born, some 27 years ago, I kept on introspecting on what I have done so far and what I need to do to make something worthy of this life.
Browsing through some inspiring videos on youtube, I landed on this touching video about a fly with the life of a minute! Some moments change our lives forever, so do some visuals.This one pressed the thinking button in my grey matter and brought out the wishes and desires nestled in the core of my heart.
The thought of me having only a few more finite birthdays left in my life, sent a chill down my spine and forced me to compile my bucket list, the list containing the 101 things I want to do before I die.
I have always been a list person, created and ticked-off many of them, but this one is special. Its the list of my life, which can only change and grow with time….
www.arnabmaity.com – [July 2011]
2. Publish my first book
3. Become a professional photographer
4. Go on an African Safari [South Africa, April 2012]
Publish an article in a magazine [October 2010]
6. Go on a month long Road Trip
7. Build my own house [Bangalore July 2010]
8. Go gymming continuously for 6 months
9. Win an international award for photography
10. Go backpacking [New Zealand, 2014]
11. Visit Pakistan
12. Get up-close and personal with Sharks on a cage dive.
13. Overlanding the ancient Silk Route cities
4WD [Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, Sydney, July 2016]
15. Go scuba diving
16. Go kayaking
Cross Country Motorcycle Ride – [India-Bhutan-India October 2009]
18. Complete a Marathon
19. Take Salsa classes
20. Learn to play the Drum
21.Watch an Ashes Test cricket match live – [MCG and SCG, Australia, Dec-Jan 2013-14]
22. Learn Arabic
23. Learn Mandarin Chinese
24. Visit Antarctica!
25. Go on a hot air balloon
26. Go Ski Diving
27. See the Aurora Borealis /Australis
28. Learn to Ski [Perisher, Australian Alps, Sep 2012]
29. Learn horseback riding.
30. Floating in the Dead Sea [Dead Sea, Jordan, May 2016]
31. Learn to play Golf.
32. Ride a jet ski [Queenstown, NewZealand, Dec 2014]
33. Go white water rafting
34. Learn to snorkel [Phi Phi Islands, Thailand, May 2011]
35. Go diving in a shipwreck.
36. Go on a cruise [Carnival Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Australia, Dec 2015]
37. Go on a helicopter ride [Cape Town, South Africa, April 2012]
38. Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway
39. Ride a dune buggy in the desert
40. Go dirt biking
41. Race a sports car
42. Hiking in a rain forest [Cape Otway National Park, Victoria, Australia, May 2012]
43. Trek to the Mt Everest base camp [Nepal, April 2013]
44. Live with the Eskimos of Greenland
45. Experience Weightlessness in a custom zero gravity flight
46. See a Red Panda in wilderness
47. Ride a Camel [Wadi Rum, Jordan, May 2016]
48. Ride an Elephant
49. Visit the Masai Mara National Park in Kenya and Serengeti National Park in Tanzania
50. Visit the Seven New Wonders of the World
51. Live in a foreign country for six months [Aug 2013- Jan 2014, Australia]
52. See the Rio Carnival in Brazil
53. Own a Macbook Pro and join the Apple family [Dec 2011]
54. Get a Masters Degree
55. Collect stamps and coins of all nations mentioned in the UN’s list of 192 countries
56. Learn to play Poker
57. Open a bakery
58. Drive a Lamborghini
59. See the painting of Monalisa at Louvre
60. Hike the Inca Trail
61. Adopt a child
62. Renew my wedding vows after being married for ten years
63. Have a pet
64. Go farming
65. Learn Mountaineering
66. Read the Quran, Bible, Vedas, Bhagvad Gita, Tripitaka, Zend-Avesta and the Guru Granth Sahib
67. Take up Yoga
68. Become a philanthropist
69. Donate blood [June 2008]
70. Become a freelance writer
71. See an active Volcano
72. Become an entrepreneur
73. Write a novel
74. Make a documentary movie
75. Be a spectator at the Cannes film festival
76. Watch the Olympics live
77. Glacier Walk! [Jan 2015 at the Fox Glacier, NZ]
Camping [Warrumbungles National Park, Australia, June 2016]
79. Meet someone who is possessed!
80. Go mud wrestling
81. Have my portrait painted
82. Get a complete makeover
83. Take the 365 day photo challenge and complete it
84. Get a tattoo
85. Become a teacher
86. Participate in the La tomatina festival at Bunol
87. Watch the fireworks over Sydney Harbour on New Year’s Eve [31 Dec, 2013]
88. Watch a World Cup Football Final in the stadium
89. Trek to the source of the Ganges
90. Do a location independent job
91. Go on a sabbatical
92. Ride solo through the length and breadth of India on a motorcycle
93. Be a Hotelier
94. Watch all the movies in IMDB Top 250 List
96. Cross the Equator on a ship
97. Visit a surreal Ghost town
98. Backpacking Europe
99. Circumnavigate Mt Kailash in Tibet
100. Visit every country that features in the Lonely Planet’s list of “Travel through every country in the world”
101. Have the photos for completion of each item in the list and paste them in my wall
Have you made your bucket list yet?? Life is short, live it.Live your dreams! Set your targets and achieve them!
Need some inspiration? See the life of the fly, destined to live for only a minute!
23 completed. 77 to go!